NAPOLEONVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – 34-year-old Laqueta Harvey is facing multiple charges after an altercation with a school bus driver.
On Tuesday morning, the victim in this case tells authorities that “Harvey approached her because of a minor incident on the school bus a day earlier,” according to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office.
At some point, the 34-year-old woman from Napoleonville allegedly hit the school bus driver more than once.
This incident reportedly happened on a school campus.
Based on multiple factors including the victim’s testimony, authorities were able to get a warrant for Harvey’s arrest.
Harvey is in the Assumption Parish Detention Center facing these charges:
- Battery of a School Bus Operator
- Unlawful Disruption of the Operation of a School
- 10 migrants killed, 20 seriously injured after van rolls over in South Texas
- VCOM issues response to lawsuit from Attorney General Landry
- Marion, Arkansas school superintendent says more than 700 under quarantine
- Age is just a number: Team USA’s teenage Olympic athletes bringing home the gold
- At Saints camp, receivers with short resumes getting a shot