BATON ROUGE, La. — A soldier from the Louisiana Army National Guard was found dead in his room at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston on July 12.
22-year-old Sgt. Kelvonta K. Ellis, from Westlake, Louisiana, was part of the 39th Military Police Company and the 139th Regional Support Group. Sgt. Ellis served five years in the Louisiana Army National Guard as a Military Police Noncommissioned Officer. Sgt. Ellis is survived by his mother.
The incident is currently being investigated by U.S. Air Force Security Forces and U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command.
- Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks and bans civilians in masks from office
- Fish & Game Forecast – Thursday, August 13th
- Fire burns thousands of acres ahead of heatwave
- TikTok star who gained viral fame for Trump lip-syncs gets Netflix special
- Police in Utah suspend K9 program after video shows dog biting Black man with his hands up