(WVLA) — The Assumption Parish Sheriff Office has made an arrest relating to an illegal dogfighting exhibition on April 3, 2019.
Avonte R. Jamison, 25, was on charges of Dogfighting and Possession of Dogs for Fighting.
Deputies were dispatched to a residence on LA 1014 near Labadieville regarding dogfighting. Deputies arrived on scene to find several subjects fleeing in different directions.
An Investigation by deputies and detectives resulted in a number of arrests and warrants issued in this case.
On April 5, 2019 a warrant for Avonte Jamison was issued.
Police located Jamison incarcerated in the Terrebonne Parish Correctional Complex on unrelated charges.
He was released into the custody of Assumption Parish on Monday.
Jamison was booked into the Assumption Parish Detention Center and remains incarcerated pending a bond hearing.
- Monroe Mayor Friday Ellis hosting press conference to introduce newly appointed police chief
- Morning Forecast – Wednesday, October 21st
- CMT Music Awards to feature trio of hosts, outdoor stages
- Stampede kills at least 11 Afghan women seeking visas to leave country
- Army inquiry determines Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen died ‘in the line of duty’