FRANKLIN, La. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies are investigating after hunters found human remains in Louisiana.
News outlets report that the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office retrieved the remains after getting a call from the hunters about noon Friday in woods near Franklin.
The Advertiser notes that the sheriff’s office did not describe the condition of the remains.
KLFY-TV reports that an autopsy will try to determine the cause of death.
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into homicide involving 13-year-old Monroe girl
- Plans for Mardi Gras 2021 in West Monroe
- Hometown Health with Vantage and Affinity for Jan. 25
- Little India of Monroe talks about safety measures amid pandemic
- Biden explains how he arrived at $1,400 stimulus check amount