FRANKLIN, La. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies are investigating after hunters found human remains in Louisiana.
News outlets report that the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office retrieved the remains after getting a call from the hunters about noon Friday in woods near Franklin.
The Advertiser notes that the sheriff’s office did not describe the condition of the remains.
KLFY-TV reports that an autopsy will try to determine the cause of death.
- Marijuana decriminalization bill wins La. House support
- Southern Airways Express expands in-state travel, will offer flights to Hot Springs and Harrison
- Hurricane that hit Louisiana in 2020 was Category 3, not 2
- 8 years for dad of Saints ‘super fan’ in charity, drug case
- Louisiana House narrowly backs bid to limit officer immunity