BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Hospital leaders are warning they are running dangerously short of beds because of the influx of COVID-19 patients.
The situation is only expected to worsen because of the holidays. And it comes as a slow distribution of the coronavirus vaccine rolls out across Louisiana.
Gov. John Bel Edwards on Wednesday described state efforts to improve the pace of vaccinations. But he and public health officials noted nothing would happen quickly enough to combat the state’s coronavirus outbreak except the precautionary measures they’ve been preaching for months.
New Orleans announced tougher coronavirus restrictions Wednesday.
- Van riddled with dozens of bullet holes found in Mississippi River
- #1 Oklahoma comes to Ruston to face Lady Techsters |Grambling baseball comes back to take down Southern
- Grambling State’s softball series against Southern is postponed to tomorrow, Monday, & Tuesday
- Weekend Forecast: Saturday, April 10th, 2021
- Arkansas man arrested for drugs and battery of Greyhound bus passengers in Downtown Monroe