SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — A Louisiana woman has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for killing a romantic rival.
KSLA-TV reports state District Judge John D. Mosely Jr. handed down the sentence to 22-year-old Shameka Ellis, of Shreveport, who pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Ellis had been scheduled to go to trial Sept. 28 on a charge of second-degree murder for her role in the death of 22-year-old Lou’Quandelyn Hargrove, of Minden.
The Caddo Parish district attorney’s office says Hargrove’s family was in court and agreed with both the plea and the sentence.
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot drop box
- 20-year-old Indiana student killed by stray bullet while visiting New York City
- Preview of constitutional amendments #3 & #4 on Louisiana ballot
- Saints depth and young talent on offense shines in 27-24 win
- Family speaks out after losing both daughters in trooper involved accident