BATON ROUGE, La. — Gov. John Bel Edwards held a press briefing on Monday afternoon to give an update on Cristobal and the state’s response to COVID-19.
On Monday, the Louisiana Department of Health reported 234 new cases and 6 new deaths. They also reported a total of 33,904 presumed recoveries.
Also on Monday, Tropical Storm Cristobal weakened into a depression after inundating coastal Louisiana and ginning up dangerous weather along most of the U.S. Gulf Coast, sending waves crashing over Mississippi beaches, swamping parts of an Alabama island town and spawning a tornado in Florida.
- Keys to the Game: Saints at Raiders
- GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski says she’ll oppose Supreme Court nomination before Election
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 928 new cases, 26 new deaths as total case count surpasses 161K on Sunday
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast