BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Four more people have died because of Hurricane Laura, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
LDH provided details about the increase in deaths below:
The Louisiana Department of Health is sadly verifying an additional four storm-related deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning. We do not have other details at this time.— Louisiana Department of Health (@LADeptHealth) August 28, 2020
This brings the total number of deaths to 10.
On Thursday, the LDH reported that there were 6 storm-related deaths.
According to the Associated Press, four of the six were caused by trees falling on homes. The fifth died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator inside the home, and the sixth died of drowning while aboard a sinking ship.
- Julia Letlow to appear on Fox and Friends to discuss her candidacy
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Texas man connected to U.S. Capitol riot surrenders to federal authorities