Winn Parish (KTVE/KARD) (11/30/20)— On November 29, 2020, shortly after 12:00 p.m., Louisiana State Police Troop E responded to a single-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 84, west of Winnfield.
This crash claimed the life of 21-year-old Jacob A. Patton, of Many. High speed is a suspected factor in this crash.
The initial investigation revealed a 2001 GMC Sierra pickup, driven by Patton, was traveling westbound on U.S. Highway 84.
For reasons still under investigation, Patton lost control of his vehicle, exited the roadway, and struck a tree.
Patton, who was restrained, sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A toxicology sample was obtained and submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial
- ‘He’s biting me!’: Woman’s face bitten in street attack by group of men
- Five people, including pregnant woman, killed in ‘act of mass murder’
- Actor Gregory Sierra of ‘Barney Miller’ and ‘Sanford and Son’ dies at age 83
- Former LA Tech Bulldog, L’Jarius Sneed, and a lot of former LSU Tigers are headed to the Super bowl for the Chiefs and the Bucs