(KLFY) – Governor John Bel Edwards announced late Tuesday that he will be meeting with President Trump and Vice President Pence Wednesday at the White House.
Edwards announced the meeting via social media adding that “I am appreciative of the President’s attention to Louisiana and his support for our people during this difficult time.”
The meeting comes just two days after Governor John Bel Edwards announced an extension to Louisiana’s stay at home order through May 15.
Other talking points of the proposed meeting were not elaborated on by the Governor.
During the state’s daily coronavirus task force meeting Tuesday, Edwards announced that he would not hold a meeting Wednesday.
Since that time he has announced his travel plans to Washington D.C., and says he will return with the task force briefing on Thursday.
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans
- Senate Republicans’ vote-a-rama slows Biden COVID relief bill
- 4 stories to lift your spirits: Long-awaited hugs for seniors, boy’s good deed saves house from fire
- City of Monroe to host free Children’s Dental Health event
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing