MOSS BLUFF, La. (AP) — A former state lawmaker and his wife died the same day from COVID-19.
The family’s obituary says Vic and Terry Bass Stelly died within hours of each other on Saturday from complications brought on by the coronavirus.
A memorial ceremony will be held Thursday at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Lake Charles.
Daughter Toni Stelly Hebert wrote on Facebook that after 60 years together, her parents could not be without each other.
Vic Stelly served 16 years in the state House and later was a member of Louisiana’s higher education policy board. He was 79. Terry Bass Stelly was 80.
- Louisiana police officer shot and killed while escorting suspect from H.S. basketball game
- Golden Globes’ pandemic changes: Winners to accept awards from home in live broadcast
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- ‘I felt terrified;’ Greenville man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges