BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA) — Along with the coronavirus, the West Nile Virus has made its way to Louisiana on the same day.
A representative of the East Baton Rouge Parish Mosquito Abatement and Rodent Control released this statement about the first case of the West Nile virus in Baton Rouge.
It is still early in the mosquito season and mosquitoes numbers are not high, but we did have a West Nile virus positive mosquito sample that was collected on March 2 in the Hollywood/Foster Dr. area of North Baton Rouge. This is the first positive mosquito sample in the state.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, April 13th
- Louisiana Tech baseball continues to rise in latest D1 Baseball rankings
- Despite change in venue, stakes are still high for Grambling and Southern in the Bayou Classic
- PREVIEW: LSU set to play host to Grambling on Tuesday
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan