LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) — The Federal Emergency Management Agency is letting homeowners know that its Operation Blue Roof is free, and they should let authorities know if any company tries to make them pay.
FEMA spokesman Manuel Broussard says homeowners in southwest Louisiana have reported that a subcontractor has sent a letter threatening to put a lien on their homes if they don’t pay.
He says the Army Corps of Engineers in Memphis has sent the company a letter ordering it to stop. FEMA says homeowners who get letters requesting payment for the FEMA program can forward them to email@example.com.
- Japan privately concludes Tokyo Olympics should be canceled due to coronavirus
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Love candy? Company hiring candy testers
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Trump returns to a business empire ravaged by pandemic