ERATH, La. (KLFY) – All Erath schools were evacuated this morning due to a bomb threat, according to officials.
Erath Police Chief Anna Lapointe says a call came in from the school board saying a bomb threat was reported.
Bozier Elementary, Erath Middle and Erath High Schools are almost done being cleared, according to the Chief.
Lapointe says schools will return to normal business once officials are done clearing them.
This is the second school bomb threat in Erath in just one week.
- UPDATE: Summerfield Principal Arrested for Multiple Sex Crimes
- Study: Unemployment may be low, but many jobs don’t pay enough
- 70-year-old St. Martinville man arrested on aggravated crime against nature charge
- City council will discuss changing the names of two streets
- How farmers are dealing with the large amount of rainfall hitting the ArkLaMiss