BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Department of Health reported 556 new cases and 7 new deaths on Monday, June 14, 2021, bringing the total number of cases to 475,908 and the total number of deaths to 10,655.
The number of probable cases rose by 154 to 73,836 on Monday while the total number of confirmed cases rose by 400 to a total of 402,072. The number of probable deaths rose by 3 to a total of 1,000 and the total number of confirmed deaths rose by 4 to 9,655. As stated on the LDH website, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s total cases and the previous update because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out-of-state cases.
Hospitalizations decreased by 2 on Monday and the use of ventilators increased by 4, bringing the total number of hospitalized patients to 283 with 38 on ventilators.
In Northeast Louisiana, 22 new cases and 1 new death were reported and no cases were rescinded. Ouachita Parish is still reporting the most cases and deaths in our area with 17,050 total confirmed cases and 415 total confirmed deaths.
Here is a list of local parishes reporting confirmed cases and deaths:
- Ouachita Parish – 17,050 cases, 415 deaths (14 new cases, 1 new death)
- Lincoln Parish – 3,450 cases, 86 deaths (no change)
- Morehouse Parish – 2,469 cases, 73 deaths (2 new cases)
- Franklin Parish – 2,422 cases, 105 deaths (no change)
- Union Parish –2,095 cases, 72 deaths (no change)
- Richland Parish – 2,039 cases, 43 deaths (1 new case)
- Concordia Parish –1,630 cases, 46 deaths (no change)
- Jackson Parish –1,559 cases, 46 deaths (2 new cases)
- Madison Parish –1,525 cases, 34 deaths (no change)
- Winn Parish –1,171 cases, 35 deaths (no change)
- West Carroll Parish –1,109 cases, 39 deaths (1 new case)
- La Salle Parish –1,057 cases, 25 deaths (1 new case)
- Catahoula Parish –908 cases, 33 deaths (1 new case)
- East Carroll Parish –891 cases, 23 deaths (no change)
- Caldwell Parish – 784 cases, 24 deaths (no change)
- Tensas Parish –325 cases, 6 deaths (no change)