NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Four more people have been charged in what prosecutors say was a staged wreck that was settled for $4.7 million.
Federal prosecutors in New Orleans say that brings the total to 32 accused of faking accidents with tractor-trailers to get insurance money.
One of those people was killed four days after being charged.
It was not clear whether those in the indictment announced Friday had attorneys who could speak for them.
- Couple that tested positive for Covid arrested after boarding flight
- Fish & Game Forecast – Thursday, December 3rd
- Six charged in ‘birth tourism’ scheme that cost U.S. taxpayers millions
- Rafer Johnson, 1960 Olympic decathlon champion, dies at 86
- Suspect in two-state Thanksgiving rampage that left one dead, five injured, is charged with murder