NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Jewish studies department at a private university in New Orleans has received a $1 million donation and the same amount as a matching challenge grant from a Chicago-based foundation.
Tulane University says in a news release that the Tawani Foundation is establishing an endowed fund for the study of American Jewry and Jewish culture.
Its programs will include a speaker series and a leadership course.
The foundation’s head, businesswoman, philanthropist and retired Army Lt. Col. Jennifer Pritzker, is naming the fund after her mother, Audrey G. Ratner of Cleveland.
- ‘All I can do is do better,’ Teen shares social media troubles, hopes to help other young girls before it’s too late
- #15 LSU Softball falls in Game One at NC State
- #3 LSU Gymnastics finishes sixth at NCAA Championships
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants