NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Jewish studies department at a private university in New Orleans has received a $1 million donation and the same amount as a matching challenge grant from a Chicago-based foundation.
Tulane University says in a news release that the Tawani Foundation is establishing an endowed fund for the study of American Jewry and Jewish culture.
Its programs will include a speaker series and a leadership course.
The foundation’s head, businesswoman, philanthropist and retired Army Lt. Col. Jennifer Pritzker, is naming the fund after her mother, Audrey G. Ratner of Cleveland.
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- Brookshire’s Grocery Co. launches waitlist for COVID-19 vaccines
- LDH confirms first COVID-19 variant in Louisiana
- Program aims to make Louisiana high schools ‘more relevant’