IOTA, La. (KLFY) — Iota Police report they have arrested a 14-year-old in connection with threats made against the town’s schools that resulted in closures last week.
An arrest warrant was obtained for the juvenile, whom police said has ties to the schools. The juvenile is being held at the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office on four counts of terrorism.
Students at the three schools had a four day weekend when administrators closed school Thursday and Friday due to threats received by phone and on social media. Specifically, police investigated threats on Snapchat and Instagram.
Iota Police Chief Damon Daigle said more information will be released on the arrest at a later time. He thanked the State Police’s Intel Division, Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office and Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office for their help in investigating the case.
- League Lights for July 13, 2020
- What is Phase 4? Why does it affect the start of high school football season in Louisiana? LHSAA Executive Director Eddie Bonine explains to NBC 10
- Ouachita Parish School officials highly encourage graduation attendees to wear masks
- Community responds to Governor Edwards’ mask mandate for state of Louisiana
- El Dorado senior reflects on the school year ahead of the commencement ceremony tonight