OUACHITA PARISH, La. — The Ouachita Parish Police Jury held a press conference Wednesday afternoon to discuss COVID-19 mobile testing within the parish.
According to Ouachita Parish Police Jury President Shane Smiley, one mobile testing unit will be stationed in Ouachita Parish and will be conducting free self-tests between May 18th and June 12th from 8 AM to 11 AM each day. Medics with the National Guard will be on hand to help patients with the self-tests.
Smiley does say that there will only be 50 tests per day, so it will be on a first come first served basis.
Over the next few weeks, more announcements concerning specific locations and dates will be released.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 775 new cases, 9 new deaths on Thursday
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Gov. Edwards to hold briefing on hurricane response, COVID-19
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch