WEST MONROE, La. — The United Way of Northeast Louisiana has established a fund made up of donations to support response and recovery efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All donations received will be used for COVID-19 response efforts in Northeast Louisiana and they say that none of the money will be used for United Way of Northeast Louisiana overhead or administration.
“This COVID-19 Response Fund will be made possible through the generous contributions of individuals and corporations over and above the vital dollars that are already being given. It is critical at this time for United Way NELA to continue its support of the essential programs we are currently funding.”Blake Wheelis, Chair of the United Way NELA Board of Directors
You can donate by one of the following methods:
- Texting LACOVID to 91999
- Giving online at unitedwaynela.org/relief
- Mailing a check or money order to United Way of Northeast Louisiana at 1201 Hudson Lane, Monroe, LA, 71201. Please indicate a donation to the UWNELA COVID-19 Response Fund in the memo of your check or money order.
- 183 new cases of the coronavirus in Mississippi; 1,638 total cases with 43 deaths
- Sidewalk notes bring smiles to hospital staff during virus
- Gov. Edwards: VP Pence confirms Louisiana will be getting more ventilators from national stockpile
- LDH: COVID-19 data models show thousands of new hospitalizations daily without effective social distancing
- IMG Academy trainer Morgan Wells talks COVID-19 impact on spring sports and NFL draft preparations