MOREHOUSE PARISH, La. — The Morehouse Parish Police Jury has called a State of Emergency for Morehouse Parish.
This is a result of the threat of COVID-19, according to the police jury.
The State of Emergency took effect at 9 AM on Thursday morning.
The Morehouse Parish Police Jury says that the declaration was made so that the parish would be eligible for Federal and/or State Funding if needed.
- 183 new cases of the coronavirus in Mississippi; 1,638 total cases with 43 deaths
- Sidewalk notes bring smiles to hospital staff during virus
- Gov. Edwards: VP Pence confirms Louisiana will be getting more ventilators from national stockpile
- LDH: COVID-19 data models show thousands of new hospitalizations daily without effective social distancing
- IMG Academy trainer Morgan Wells talks COVID-19 impact on spring sports and NFL draft preparations