BATON ROUGE, La. — Gov. John Bel Edwards held his weekly COVID-19 update briefing on Wednesday afternoon.
As of noon Wednesday, the Louisiana Department of Health reported 1,888 new cases and 20 new deaths, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 70,151 and the total number of deaths to 3,231 on Wednesday, July 8. The LDH also reported an increase of 3,308 presumed recoveries over the past week, bringing the total to 46,334.
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Atmos Energy addresses customer bills after historic winter storms
- Junction City woman alleges a man tried to lure her to his vehicle, warns other women and children
- Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot
- Man killed walking into traffic on I-20