BATON ROUGE, La. — Governor John Bel Edwards held a press briefing on Friday afternoon to give an update on Louisiana’s response to COVID-19.
On Friday, the Louisiana Department of Health reported 421 new cases and 39 new deaths bringing the total number of cases across the state to 36,925 with a total of 2,545 deaths.
In Northeast Louisiana, there were 64 new cases and 3 new deaths reported. Ouachita Parish is still reporting the most cases and deaths in our area with 1,041 cases and 35 deaths, an increase of 9 cases and 1 death since Thursday’s update. Both Franklin Parish and Jackson Parish also reported 1 new death each in Friday’s update.
- Rookie officer killed as suspect shoots him through door
- Arkansas: 9-year-old boy killed in dog attack while checking the mail
- More than two dozen bankers charged in $2.5 billion money laundering scheme
- Police precinct on fire as protests over the death of George Floyd rage on for the third day straight
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order