BATON ROUGE, La. — Governor John Bel Edwards held a press briefing on Friday afternoon to give an update on Louisiana’s response to COVID-19.
On Friday, the Louisiana Department of Health reported 421 new cases and 39 new deaths bringing the total number of cases across the state to 36,925 with a total of 2,545 deaths.
In Northeast Louisiana, there were 64 new cases and 3 new deaths reported. Ouachita Parish is still reporting the most cases and deaths in our area with 1,041 cases and 35 deaths, an increase of 9 cases and 1 death since Thursday’s update. Both Franklin Parish and Jackson Parish also reported 1 new death each in Friday’s update.
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications