BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Department of Health reported 504 new cases and 30 new deaths on Friday, March 5, 2021, bringing the total number of cases to 433,045 and the total number of deaths to 9,716.
The number of probable cases rose by 154 to 61,051 on Friday while the total number of confirmed cases rose by 364 to a total of 371,994. The number of probable deaths rose by 9 to a total of 709 and the total number of confirmed deaths rose by 21 to 9,007. As stated on the LDH website, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s total cases and the previous update because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out-of-state cases.
Hospitalizations decreased by 16 on Friday but the use of ventilators went up by 3. This brings the total number of hospitalized patients to 538 with 77 on ventilators.
The Louisiana Department of Health began reporting COVID-19 vaccinations on Tuesday, December 22, 2020. On Thursday, March 4, 2021, the LDH reported 92,303 new vaccinations since Monday, March 1, 2021. Of those new vaccinations, 56,202 received their first doses while 36,507 received their second and final dose. So far, 1,117,714 doses have been administered in total. 2,089 healthcare providers across the state are participating in the vaccinations. This information will be updated on Mondays and Thursdays.
In Northeast Louisiana, 28 new cases and 1 new death were reported while 4 cases were rescinded. Ouachita Parish is still reporting the most cases and deaths in our area with 16,120 total confirmed cases and 390 total confirmed deaths.
Here is a list of local parishes reporting confirmed cases and deaths:
- Ouachita Parish – 16,120 cases, 390 deaths (11 new cases)
- Lincoln Parish – 3,258 cases, 84 deaths (no change)
- Franklin Parish – 2,355 cases, 104 deaths (2 new cases)
- Morehouse Parish – 2,351 cases, 64 deaths (1 new case, 1 new death)
- Union Parish –1,988 cases, 69 deaths (1 rescinded case)
- Richland Parish – 1,957 cases, 39 deaths (6 new cases)
- Concordia Parish –1,548 cases, 41 deaths (2 new cases)
- Madison Parish –1,511 cases, 31 deaths (3 new cases)
- Jackson Parish –1,441 cases, 42 deaths (no change)
- Winn Parish –1,132 cases, 32 deaths (2 new cases)
- West Carroll Parish –1,086 cases, 36 deaths (2 rescinded cases)
- La Salle Parish –909 cases, 24 deaths (no change)
- East Carroll Parish –880 cases, 19 deaths (1 new case)
- Catahoula Parish –848 cases, 32 deaths (no change)
- Caldwell Parish – 761 cases, 21 deaths (no change)
- Tensas Parish –315 cases, 5 deaths (1 rescinded case)