EL DORADO, Arkansas (KTVE/KARD) — Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson gave an update on the state’s response to COVID-19 on Monday, May 11, 2020.
During the update briefing, House Speaker Matthew Shepherd stated that he invited the Governor to El Dorado after the announcement from Murphy Oil last week. He wanted to remind people that Murphy USA is still here and employs 600 plus people and is still growing.
Also during the briefing, Gov. Hutchinson announced that the following updates to the states coronavirus count:
- 4,043 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas (278 in correctional facilities, 86 in nursing homes, 439 in the community)
- 61 hospitalizations – 11 ventilators
- 94 reported deaths
- 3,149 recoveries
In Union County, 500 tests have been performed and Gov. Hutchinson is encouraging people who have symptoms to get tested
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- ULM’s football team opens up their home opener versus Texas State
- Annual Southern Nationals remote control racecar championship hosted at Ike Hamilton Expo Center