UPDATE: BASTROP, La. (4:35 pm) — The City of Bastrop has released more information on the city-wide curfew.
The curfew, effective today, is in effect inside of the city limits of Bastrop and will be from 9 pm to 5 am for adults and from 7 pm to 7 am for juveniles 17 or under.
People who have an essential job or those dealing with a medical emergency will be allowed to travel to and from work without issue.
ORIGINAL: BASTROP, La. (11:42 am) — The City of Bastrop will be implementing a curfew, according to Mayor Cotton.
Mayor Cotton says the curfew is for public safety reasons and to add more mitigation measures amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The curfew will be from 9 pm to 5 am.
Mayor Cotton is expected to announce more details surrounding the curfew at a press conference this afternoon at Bastrop City Hall.
- Many states scrambling to update hurricane plans for virus
- Homeless Florida student to graduate as valedictorian
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: Louisiana growing closer to 40,000 total cases
- Target set to temporarily close some stores amid George Floyd protests
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks