LOUISIANA – (11/22/19) According to Walgreens Flu tracking map, South Louisiana (namely Lafayette) has the highest cases of flu outbreak in the country.
With Louisiana having the highest record cases of people with the flu, doctors and the Center for Disease Control are urging people to get the flu vaccine.
According to the Walgreens Flu Index, these are the top 10 areas for flu activity as of November 16, 2019:
1. Lafayette, La.
2. Las Vegas, Nev.
3. Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss.
4. New Orleans, La.
5. Waco-Temple-Bryan, Texas
6. Baton Rouge, La.
7. Tyler-Longview(Lufkin & Nacogdoches), Texas
8. Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, Wash.
9. Houston, Texas
10. Harlingen-Weslaco-Brownsville-McAllen, Texas
- Big 10 cancels fall football season, other conferences could follow
- Hand sanitizer recall: FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers climbs to 135
- Senator Cassidy: Stimulus talks breaking down in D.C.
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 11: Remembering Hurricane Camille & a chat with the National Hurricane Center
- Perseid meteor shower to peak Tuesday night; here’s how to watch