ASCENSION PARISH, La. (KLFY) — Officials with the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office say 35-year-old Keith Alsay died in his jail cell on Tuesday.
According to Sheriff Bobby Webre, deputies performed routine checks and found Alsay unresponsive in his cell around 2 a.m.
Officials say CPR was immediately performed until paramedics arrived on scene, where they were unable to resuscitate him.
An autopsy will be completed at a later date to determine the cause of death, however no foul play is suspected at this time.
A preliminary investigation indicates that Alsay suffered from an underlying medical condition.
Alsay was booked on November 30 for simple burglary and criminal damage to property.
- ELECTION 2020: West Monroe City Marshal candidates
- Morning Forecast – Wednesday, October 28th
- Monroe woman arrested on multiple charges after urinating in middle of highway
- Fish & Game Forecast – Wednesday, October 28th
- Three social media CEOs face grilling by GOP senators on bias