(WPBN) – (11/27/19) Keeping with tradition, the United States Coast Guard’s Cutter Mackinaw is delivering more than 1,00 Christmas trees to those who need them in Chicago.
On Tuesday, 1,200 trees were loaded on the cutter in Cheboygan County, Michigan.
They will make the trek southwest to the windy city, where they will be off loaded and distributed on December 5.
The Cutter Mackinaw’s journey honors the legacy of the original Christmas tree ship, the Rouse Simmons, which sank in 1912, killing everyone on board.
- Grambling State Loses an Icon Behind the Mic.
- Grambling State’s “The Voice” passes away after a battle with colon cancer
- Britney Spears tells judge: ‘I want my life back’
- Amazon announces plans to build solar farm in Mississippi
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus announces cancer diagnosis: ‘It sucks and I’m scared’