SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — (10/30/19) You can pay tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country by visiting the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall.
The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall will arrive in Shreveport on Wednesday, Oct. 30.
The wall, which is a smaller version of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C., stands 6′ tall and covers almost 300 feet from end to end.
The wall stands as a reminder of the great sacrifices made during the Vietnam War. It was made for the purpose of helping heal and rekindle friendships and to allow people the opportunity to visit loved ones in their home town who otherwise may not be able to make the trip to D.C.
The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall be on display at the Veterans for Veterans Bike and Car Show until Monday, Nov. 4 at Riverpark Church on 3232 E 70th St.
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- AG Landry on pandemic unemployment fraud: “We are here. We will find you.”
- Bearden School District goes solar, will save the district money and impact student’s education
- City of Monroe introduces appointed Police Chief Vic Zordan
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it