NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The New Orleans Saints have waived veteran defensive linemen Mario Edwards Jr. and Margus Hunt while keeping veteran linebacker Kiko Alonso on the physically unable to perform list.
New Orleans trimmed 25 players at the deadline to reduce active rosters to 53 players for the regular season.
Receiver Marquez Calloway and defensive tackle Malcolm Roach are among undrafted rookies who for now remain on the active roster.
Among the veterans the Saints cut were linebacker Anthony Chickillo, receivers Austin Carr and Bennie Fowler, offensive lineman Cameron Tom and tight end Ethan Wolf.
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Mitch in the Morning: Grambling University kicks off its 2021 graduation
- Morning Forecast – Tuesday, April 13th
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Search continues for missing LSU student Kori Gauthier