Ren and Stimpy (CNN) (08/07/20)— Happy, happy, joy, joy we are getting a new version of “The Ren & Stimpy Show.”
Comedy Central announced on Wednesday that it is reimagining the 1990s cult animated series.
The original “Ren & Stimpy” centered on the exploits of a dog and cat duo and debuted on Nickelodeon in 1991 along with two other animated series, “Rugrats” and “Doug.”
But with it’s dark humor and themes “Ren & Stimpy” was considered more of an adult series than a children’s show.
“We are excited to reinvent this iconic franchise with a new creative team and our partners at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio,” Chris McCarthy, president of ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group, said in a statement.
“‘Ren & Stimpy’ joins our rapidly expanding roster of adult animation including ‘South Park,’ ‘Beavis and Butt-Head’ and ‘Clone High’ as we continue to reimagine our treasure chest of beloved IP for new generations.”
No date has been announced for the new show’s debut.
- Football Friday Night: Close games all around, gridiron action on Friday in Louisiana, plus scores
- Boil Advisory: D’Arbonne Water System North
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- McConnell pledges quick vote on next justice; Biden says no
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery