Hulu’s service, like AT&T TV Now, Dish’s Sling and YouTube TV, are a replica of traditional TV but on the internet. They were once vaunted as a successor to traditional cable. But the market has lost steam as prices rise. One early entrant, Sony’s PlayStation Vue, is shutting down, and analysts expect others to follow.
Hulu with Live TV’s price will rise $10, to $55 a month, in December. Prices had risen $5 in February.
The Disney-owned streaming provider’s traditional video-on-demand service will remain at $6 a month.
- LSU Football announces Spring Game, other notable dates
- Study: Why do some kids contract MIS-C rather than severe COVID?
- Bats, birds among wildlife pummeled during Southern freeze
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress