(NBC) — “World of Dance” will crown a new champion tonight.
The show was recorded back in March, just as the COVID-19 pandemic was taking hold of the country, forcing the dancer to compete without an audience, aside from the judges.
Four sets of dancers ( Jefferson Y Adrianita, Geometrie Variable, Oxygen and MDC 3) will compete, vying for the million dollar prize in a line of work that is notoriously does not pay very well.
“They know it from the top. This is not a job that’s going to make me a lot of money. But I get to do what I love and that’s why I’m doing it,” says ‘World of Dance’ judge Ne-Yo. “To be able to handle a person with that kind of passion inside them a million dollar check, you almost feel like you won the money yourself.”
Watch “World of Dance” tonight on NBC 10 at 8 p.m.
About ‘World of Dance’
NBC’s hit dance competition series “World of Dance” is back for its fourth season with exciting new format changes and surprises. The judging panel is once again led by extraordinary dance superstars — Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and NE-YO. Scott Evans returns as host.
The series gives dancers the platform to showcase their talents for the opportunity to receive a life-altering grand prize of $1 million and the title of best dancer in the world.
“I’m so excited ’World of Dance’ is back this summer with a new crop of incredible dancers,” said Lopez, who also serves as executive producer. “On our show we always say that dance is the universal language. It brings us all together, which I think is something we all need during these challenging times.”
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- LSU AgCenter announces online butter making class
- Van riddled with dozens of bullet holes found in Mississippi River
- #1 Oklahoma comes to Ruston to face Lady Techsters |Grambling baseball comes back to take down Southern
- Grambling State’s softball series against Southern is postponed to tomorrow, Monday, & Tuesday