WEST MONROE, La. – Authorities say a Woodlawn Elementary teacher has been arrested, accused of juvenile cruelty.
According to officials, they have arrested a 2nd grade teacher, Brandy Bostick, after she allegedly became upset with a 7-year-old male student and struck him in the back of the head with her open hand.
According to the child’s mother, later that same night he told his mother that he had a ringing in his ears and developed a headache due to the incident.
The arrest report says Bostick told the child’s mother that she struck the juvenile student two other times, once with a rolled piece of paper and once with a manilla style testing folder.
We will update this article as we receive more information.
- UPDATE: At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- Rodeo Finals at the Ike Hamilton Center start this weekend
- University of Louisiana Monroe students start petition to rename building on campus
- LSU and Auburn families share the importance of being an organ donor
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system