WEST MONROE, La. – Authorities say a Woodlawn Elementary teacher has been arrested, accused of juvenile cruelty.
According to officials, they have arrested a 2nd grade teacher, Brandy Bostick, after she allegedly became upset with a 7-year-old male student and struck him in the back of the head with her open hand.
According to the child’s mother, later that same night he told his mother that he had a ringing in his ears and developed a headache due to the incident.
The arrest report says Bostick told the child’s mother that she struck the juvenile student two other times, once with a rolled piece of paper and once with a manilla style testing folder.
We will update this article as we receive more information.
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- League Lights for July 13, 2020
- What is Phase 4? Why does it affect the start of high school football season in Louisiana? LHSAA Executive Director Eddie Bonine explains to NBC 10
- Ouachita Parish School officials highly encourage graduation attendees to wear masks
- Community responds to Governor Edwards’ mask mandate for state of Louisiana