UPDATE: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — Louisiana State Police have identified the man killed in a two-vehicle fatal crash as 35-year-old Ronald Smith Jr. of Farmerville.
Smith was killed when his 1999 Honda Motorcycle was struck by a 2009 Dodge Journey, driven by 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher.
ORIGINAL: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A West Monroe woman has been arrested after a two-vehicle crash kills one person.
According to arrest reports, the fatal crash happened late Sunday night on LA 557 near LA 34.
Louisiana State Police say that 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher was the “at-fault” driver in the crash after she crossed the center line.
Fletcher told troopers that she had 1 1/2 glasses of wine earlier in the night and had taken a prescribed “Adderall” pill.
Fletcher performed poorly on Standard Field Sobriety Tests, according to troopers. When she provided a breath sample, the test showed her Blood Alcohol Content to be at .141g% before showing an error. She was then taken to submit a blood sample.
Fletcher was booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Vehicular Homicide
- No Seat Belt
- Improper Lane Usage
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, July 12th
- Sheriff: 3 jailed and charged with child abuse in one of the “worst cases” ever
- Ruston Defensive Coordinator, Kyle Williams, finishes second in Lake Tahoe’s American Century Championship
- Unrestrained Driver Killed in Vernon Parish Crash
- Monroe Mayor and Mayor-Elect look ahead to the future