UPDATE: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — Louisiana State Police have identified the man killed in a two-vehicle fatal crash as 35-year-old Ronald Smith Jr. of Farmerville.
Smith was killed when his 1999 Honda Motorcycle was struck by a 2009 Dodge Journey, driven by 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher.
ORIGINAL: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A West Monroe woman has been arrested after a two-vehicle crash kills one person.
According to arrest reports, the fatal crash happened late Sunday night on LA 557 near LA 34.
Louisiana State Police say that 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher was the “at-fault” driver in the crash after she crossed the center line.
Fletcher told troopers that she had 1 1/2 glasses of wine earlier in the night and had taken a prescribed “Adderall” pill.
Fletcher performed poorly on Standard Field Sobriety Tests, according to troopers. When she provided a breath sample, the test showed her Blood Alcohol Content to be at .141g% before showing an error. She was then taken to submit a blood sample.
Fletcher was booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Vehicular Homicide
- No Seat Belt
- Improper Lane Usage
- Laki Crockett becomes first Franklin Parish girls basketball star to ink collegiate scholarship
- Murder suspect accused of violently attacking school bus driver only four weeks after bonding out of jail
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Revenge shootings continue in Rayne after 2020 murder where accused killer is living with victim’s ex and children
- Ex-court clerk in Mississippi is charged with embezzlement