UPDATE: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — Louisiana State Police have identified the man killed in a two-vehicle fatal crash as 35-year-old Ronald Smith Jr. of Farmerville.
Smith was killed when his 1999 Honda Motorcycle was struck by a 2009 Dodge Journey, driven by 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher.
ORIGINAL: OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A West Monroe woman has been arrested after a two-vehicle crash kills one person.
According to arrest reports, the fatal crash happened late Sunday night on LA 557 near LA 34.
Louisiana State Police say that 36-year-old Amanda Fletcher was the “at-fault” driver in the crash after she crossed the center line.
Fletcher told troopers that she had 1 1/2 glasses of wine earlier in the night and had taken a prescribed “Adderall” pill.
Fletcher performed poorly on Standard Field Sobriety Tests, according to troopers. When she provided a breath sample, the test showed her Blood Alcohol Content to be at .141g% before showing an error. She was then taken to submit a blood sample.
Fletcher was booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Vehicular Homicide
- No Seat Belt
- Improper Lane Usage
- Fish & Game Forecast – Thursday, April 9th
- West Monroe alum Andrew Whitworth on teaching kids, while at home: ‘I like the math work, I’ll let [Melissa] handle the English …’
- Arkansas Activities Association extends ‘dead period’ for Spring sports until May 30; El Dorado head baseball coach Cannon Lester discusses the move
- Senior Night: D’Arbonne Woods’ Kaitlyn Smith
- Special episode of ‘Arkansas Week’ to address the impact of COVID-19 on education in the state