WEST MONROE, La. — Investigators say they’ve arrested a West Monroe woman accused of fraud and misappropriation of government assistance.
According to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office, Tyeece Gore of West Monroe gave fraudulent statements while applying for SNAP benefits to conceal the presence of her husband in their household as well as hid the fact that he received income from his job at Walmart.
Officials say Tyeece Gore fraudulently obtained SNAP benefits from August 2015 to May 2018 in the amount of $17,960 dollars.
Tyeece Gore has been charged with Fraudulently Obtaining Public Assistance.
Her bond is currently set at $40,000.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Thursday, September 16th
- Frenchman’s Bend Set to Host 15th Annual Monroe Chamber of Commerce Golf Classic
- Inspiration4 liftoff: SpaceX launches world’s first all-civilian mission into Earth’s orbit
- “Tiger King” star Carole Baskin speaks to News 19 about escaped exotic cats in Huntsville
- Juvenile, 18-year-old struck after weapon discharges inside home still under construction in Lafayette