WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) – Authorities say they have arrested a West Monroe man after he was accused of twisting a 77-year-old woman’s wrist to the point of swelling and lacerations.
According to deputies, the victim and arrestee, Ernest Tharpe age 57, had gotten into a verbal argument where Tharpe allegedly grabbed the victim’s wrist and twisted it causing lacerations and swelling.
Deputies say as a result of the injury, the victim had small lacerations to her left and and wrist and was bleeding from the lacerations. The Victim stated Ernest left the residence before authorities arrived.
Deputies noted that the victim’s wrist was swollen and discolored due to the lacerations.
- Philippine President Duterte says he can be held responsible for drug killings
- Jacinda Ardern wins second term as New Zealand’s Prime Minister in landslide election
- Record-setting Cameron Peak wildfire consumes more than 200,000 acres in Colorado
- The New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin after he reportedly exposed himself on Zoom call
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, October 20th