UNION PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — A Farmerville woman has been arrested for Second Degree Murder after a man was found shot in Union Parish on Tuesday morning.
According to law enforcement, the Union Parish Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call shortly before 4 AM on Tuesday, December 1, about a shooting at a home on Highway 828.
When deputies arrived to the scene, they found 49-year-old Kenneth Long, of Farmerville, with a single gunshot wound. Long was taken to Union General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
UPSO says that Long and 39-year-old Jennifer Perkins, of Farmerville, were in a domestic argument Tuesday morning when Perkins armed herself with a shotgun and shot Long.
Perkins has been arrested and booked into the Union Parish Detention Center. She is charged with Second Degree Murder and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
- Marijuana decriminalization bill wins La. House support
- Southern Airways Express expands in-state travel, will offer flights to Hot Springs and Harrison
- Hurricane that hit Louisiana in 2020 was Category 3, not 2
- 8 years for dad of Saints ‘super fan’ in charity, drug case
- Louisiana House narrowly backs bid to limit officer immunity