NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP) — News outlets report a judge said the trial for Felicia Smith would begin Jan. 19, 2021. Levi Cole Ellerbe died in July 2018 after being found with burns on 90% of his body.
Prosecutors say his mother asked Smith to kill the boy. Both Smith and the boy’s mother are charged with first-degree murder.
The Alexandria Town Talk reports lawyers for Smith worked Tuesday to obtain DNA data from the state crime lab.
The judge had signed a subpoena for the evidence, but it hasn’t been turned over.
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Tickets for the 19th Annual St. Jude Dream Home are on sale now! Get yours today!
- Schumer: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- 7 face charges in last year’s attack on restaurant hostess
- Brexit leader to head Mississippi public policy center