LITTLE ROCK, La. (AP) – (12/15/19) Little Rock police say a 16-year-old has been charged with murder in the death his mother, who appeared to have been shot in the head at their home.
Police say Kaelon Presley was arrested Saturday in the slaying of 37-year-old Shondra Miller.
Police say Presley told officers responding to a 911 call that he’d discovered his mother unresponsive with a possible gunshot wound. Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say that as they investigated, detectives interviewed Presley and later charged him. Police say prosecutors authorized that he could be charged as an adult.
- Virus death toll in China rises as US prepares evacuation
- Human remains and evidence in missing person case found during Prairie County investigation
- Terry Bradshaw considers Super Bowl ‘very easy to do,’ won’t approach it differently
- Trailblazing 49ers assistant has roots in Chiefs Kingdom
- Monroe City Council will vote on resolution that addresses illegal dumping