LITTLE ROCK, La. (AP) – (12/15/19) Little Rock police say a 16-year-old has been charged with murder in the death his mother, who appeared to have been shot in the head at their home.
Police say Kaelon Presley was arrested Saturday in the slaying of 37-year-old Shondra Miller.
Police say Presley told officers responding to a 911 call that he’d discovered his mother unresponsive with a possible gunshot wound. Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say that as they investigated, detectives interviewed Presley and later charged him. Police say prosecutors authorized that he could be charged as an adult.
- Bills to limit Gov. Edwards executive powers move forward during special session
- House Democrats consider vote on coronavirus relief deal
- UPDATE: Jones McGinty Water System boil advisory is rescinded
- Senate Republicans and Democrats want US medical supply chain to stop relying on China
- Governor Hutchinson announces T-Mobile will donate 100 GB of data, 18K devices for internet access