ALEXANDRIA, La. (KLFY) – A 23-year-old Alexandria man is accused of first degree rape charges involving a child victim.
According to the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office, on Feb. 20, 2020, deputies were called to a home in the Tioga area in reference to an alleged rape involving a 4-year-old victim.
Detectives interviewed witnesses while crime scene investigators processed the scene for evidence, the sheriff’s office said.
Garrett Sillavan was identified as the suspect from witness interviews and exams of the victim at the Rapides Children’s Advocacy Center.
Sillavan was taken into custody without incident. He is being held in lieu of posting a $500,000.00 bond.
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, April 7th
- ‘Harry Potter’ author JK Rowling says she’s recovered from coronavirus symptoms
- Why you shouldn’t compare coronavirus to the flu
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Monday
- Senior Night: West Monroe’s Earlysha Turner