MONROE, La. — The Monroe Police Department is currently searching for a suspect who is accused of shooting and killing a man last weekend.
Officers were called to the 200 block of Hippolyte Avenue on April 11, 2020, for a shooting. When officers arrived to the scene, they found the victim, Aubrey Johnson, with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest. Video footage of the shooting helped investigators identify the suspect as Demarrius Alexander, aka “Dee Man”.
A warrant has been issued for Alexander’s arrest for Second Degree Murder.
Police say that at this time Alexander is considered to be armed and dangerous.
If you know where Alexander is, please contact Crime Stoppers of North Delta by Facebook-CONTACT US/Submit a Tip tab, (318) 388-CASH (2274), www.crimestoppersnorthdelta.com or download the P3 Tips app on your smart phone.
If your tip leads to an arrest and /or indictment, you will be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000. Your information remains confidential; you never leave your name and you never appear in court.
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say
- Justices hear arguments on undocumented immigrants’ status for 2020 Census
- New multi-million dollar housing development coming to Lake Providence
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- “A Christmas Carol” set for Dec. 3-6 at Strauss Theatre Center