MONROE, La. — Authorities have arrested a Monroe man at the Ouachita Parish Public Library after they say he struck an elderly person for using a racial slur towards him.
Post arrest, the suspect identified as Tybias Truly, advised a woman inside the library tricked him using witchcraft and made him believe he was hearing voices that only stopped after he struck the victim.
The victim was 68-years-old.
Tybias Truly was arrested and transported to Ouachita Correctional Center on charges for Simple Battery of the Infirmed.
His bond is $5,000.
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Mitch in the Morning: Grambling University kicks off its 2021 graduation
- Morning Forecast – Tuesday, April 13th
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Search continues for missing LSU student Kori Gauthier