MONROE, La. — A Monroe man is facing one count of Second-Degree Murder after a teenager died following a stabbing on Friday.
According to court documents, Monroe Police officers were called to the 1600 block of South First Street in regards to a possible shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a 17-year-old with severe injuries to his back and chest. The teen was taken to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Witnesses told police that 62-year-old Eddie Joe Hall had stabbed the teen during a fight and then ran away.
Hall was arrested on Friday night, charged with one count of Second-Degree Murder. His bond has been set at $500,000.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 1,135 new cases, 41 new deaths on Thursday
- Sen. Kennedy announces $35 million in federal funds for Louisiana transportation projects
- Arkansas man accused of placing dead animals on former neighbor’s grave
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table