MONROE, La. — A Monroe man is facing an aggravated battery charge after police say he stabbed a man multiple times.
According to arrest reports, the incident happened in the 1600 block of Georgia Street around 4 AM on Tuesday.
When police arrived at the scene, 39-year-old Anthony Cooper was seen running from the victim’s vehicle. After a short chase, Cooper was captured when he fell while trying to round the corner of a home.
The victim stated that he had been stabbed by Cooper and had 6 lacerations to his back and shoulders. The victim told police he was certain Cooper stabbed while they were inside the vehicle.
Cooper denied the stabbing, but police say they found a knife on the ground in the area where Cooper was seen running from.
Cooper was booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Aggravated Battery
- Resisting an Officer
- Multiple people shot, including KPD officer at Austin-East Magnet High School
- Joseph Siravo, ‘Sopranos’ actor, dead at 66
- Analysis: Mississippi unlikely to ease its election laws
- ULM Baseball vs. Jackson State Postponed
- “Like a scene out of a movie,” south Louisiana homeowner shares experience with bee swarms