ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — (12/23/19) Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
- Morning Forecast – Monday, November 30th
- Moderna submits vaccine for approval today, says trial showed 100 percent effective at preventing ‘severe’ cases
- Record-setting 2020 Atlantic hurricane season comes to an end
- Beware of Covid-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval
- Supreme Court set to hear arguments on Trump plan to exclude undocumented immigrants from census