OUACHITA PARISH, La. (Press Release) – (1/22/20) While conducting a traffic stop on I-20 in West Monroe on January 21, 2020, Ouachita Sheriff’s SCAT Deputies discovered a large amount of methamphetamine leading to the arrest of Jose Louis Sosa on narcotics and traffic charges.
Sosa consented to a search of his vehicle, at which point the K-9 was used to search the truck. Deputies say K-9 Daisy alerted authorities to the presence of the drugs where approximately 22.5 pounds (nine kilos) of methamphetamine was discovered hidden inside a welding machine.
The estimated street value of the methamphetamine is $900,000.00.
Sosa was booked into OCC on the charges of 1 count of Possession with Intent to Distribute CDS II (Methamphetamine), Improper Lane Usage and Improper Equipment on a Motor Vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing. We will update this article as we receive more information.
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 775 new cases, 9 new deaths on Thursday
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor