BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana tax preparer has been arrested on multiple felony charges for an alleged scheme involving millions in fraudulent charitable donations and improper business expense deductions.
The Louisiana Department of Revenue, in a news release Thursday, said 49-year-old Brischea Bowman Johnson was arrested Wednesday on charges of principal to felony theft, principal to filing or maintaining false public records and principal to illegal transmission of monetary funds.
She was released from the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after posting $22,500 bond. It was unknown if she has an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Practice Report: Three Saints Questionable for Divisional Round
- #5 LSU Gymnastics tops #6 Arkansas in SEC Opener