CALCASIEU PARISH, La. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy in southwest Louisiana has been fired and arrested on rape charges involving three girls ranging in age from 6 to 9.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office says 33-year-old David P. Monceaux was arrested Wednesday on multiple counts of first-degree rape and sexual battery.
A sheriff’s news release says Monceaux’s bond was set at $2.5 million.
Monceaux had been working as a correctional officer at the parish prison.
Online records for Monceaux were not available Thursday and it was unclear whether he had an attorney who could speak for him or when he will enter a plea.
- New research indicates buried ‘lakes’ on Mars near the south pole
- Privacy activists argue that police need a warrant to obtain WiFi location data
- Former Nissan general manager testifies against American on trial in Japan
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, September 29th
- Romanian villagers re-elect mayor in landslide victory for unprecedented third term despite his death by COVID-19 ten days earlier